My bus run, "Thacker's Branch," was horrible this afternoon. Took me an extra 25 minutes to make the run. The hill leading up to Freedom of Worship Church was the worst part.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenSyntax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone seriously pay attention to the weather forecasts anymore? There's no point in it. </div></div>
Yes. I pay attention to them often, but I guess that's why my opinion is different, probably helps to know a thing or two about it too, haha...
My bus run, "Thacker's Branch," was horrible this afternoon. Took me an extra 25 minutes to make the run. The hill leading up to Freedom of Worship Church was the worst part.
You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."
Had to make a run from Big Stone to Norton about 3:15. It was really bad at the top of the mountain, very low visibility.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
As Rocket said it was a very pretty snow to watch. While I was in Norton it was cool. I wish we could get another big snow sometime. The unexpected big snows always seemed good.
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beamerball</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenSyntax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone seriously pay attention to the weather forecasts anymore? There's no point in it. </div></div>
Yes. I pay attention to them often, but I guess that's why my opinion is different, probably helps to know a thing or two about it too, haha... </div></div>
Exactly. I'm no weather expert, but if you gather enough information, it isn't that hard to have a good idea of what is going to happen.
The weather in this area is pretty static.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Cool weather quotes
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Weather is uncontrollable. Only the Lord above can control the weather. Whatever we get we have to work with </div></div>
Maurice Green
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Climate is what we expect, weather is what we get</div></div>
Mark Twain
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people </div></div>
Bill Bowerman
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Don't knock the weather; Nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while </div></div>
Kin Hubbard
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Weather forecast for tonight is dark </div></div>
George Carlin
GO VOLS
I havent seen a drop of precipitation all day. Only blue skys! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
for once it was bad in norton and not wie it is usually the other way around, once i hit wise the roads were clearcould still see the grass sticking up
got off work yesterday a little early and went up on sandy ridge to visit some family, round 5 the roads there were completely covered, ended up with about 4 inches up there
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
Bookmarks